The Last Great American Tragedy

 


Blurb 

As dictated in Plato's Symposium, Zeus separated humans out of fear, damning them to a life of searching, leaving them with a glimmer of hope, a memory, a longing for their original other half.

 

Cordelia, an esteemed author, meets her other half under the most unusual circumstances. Grieving her mother's death, she moves to the sleepy little city of Asheville to end her life. After a near successful drowning attempt, Doctor Locke saves her, thus starting a love affair that rivals the gods.

 

Both broken and troubled, the two hearts dance around each other in a shifting battle of willpower. But as Cordelia starts exhibiting the telltale signs of a body fading away, will the good doctor be able to keep her soul attached to this mortal coil, or will she force him to walk his life alone, never to be complete?



My Review


To be honest, when I read the premise, I was not really sure what to expect from this book. It read kind of like a Shakespearean meets Greek mythology but in like poem format. All elements that do work well together. I like that Cordelia and Doctor Locke were both lost souls. It made them more relatable and therefore when they did connect, it was emotional. While, I did like this book I found though the most critical part for me was the fact that I could not fully embrace either character. Thus, I found myself at times re-reading passages as it was not resonating with me. Overall, this is a lovely story of second chances and love. I would try another book from this author. This passage towards the end of the book is so beautiful. Doctor Locke went down on his knees, eyes gentle: "I will present a ring, tesoro. Something worthy of your wonder. And I will tell you that you have been the last dream of my soul. The only dream of my existence. That I loved you at your darkest and will continue to love you as the stars love the planets, that life would not hold meaning without you in it, it would not interest me without your presence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway