The Final Rider

 

Two hundred years ago, as magic began to fade, the last dragon died.

Throughout her life, Hazel has kept her head down and avoided trouble. But everything changes when she unearths and last dragon egg. Whisked away to the castle to prepare for her new life, the dragon becomes her only constant and she finds herself the target of ancient powers.

The Heir to the throne of Gaelin is dead. But in reality, Alastríona Ashcoven has been biding her time in the monster-infested Wastelands waiting for a chance to go back to the country she lost. Her luck changes when the Witch Queen offers her the army she desperately needs to reclaim her throne... And all that the Queen asks for is a vial of the dragon's blood.
 


My Review

It has been a long time since I have read a fantasy book featuring dragons. Author, Elyzabeth Trickey drew me into this magical world of dragons, witch hunters, royalty, a girl who becomes a fighter, and romance.  Once I started reading, I could not stop. 

There is a great cast of characters. I enjoyed getting to meet and become familiar with each of them. While I did like Hazel as she started this grand adventure. Two others that I really liked is Alastríona and Marcus. They are both strong characters and the romance that sprouted between them is great.  

If you are looking for a book that has nonstop action, engaging and very likable characters and a storyline that will keep you reading; then, you need to pick up a copy of this book. I recommend this book to all fantasy readers of all ages. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway