Dark Matter




“Are you happy with your life?” Those are the last words Jason Dessen hears before the masked abductor knocks him unconscious. Before he awakens to find himself strapped to a gurney, surrounded by strangers in hazmat suits. Before a man Jason’s never met smiles down at him and says, “Welcome back, my friend.”

In this world he’s woken up to, Jason’s life is not the one he knows. His wife is not his wife. His son was never born. And Jason is not an ordinary college physics professor but a celebrated genius who has achieved something remarkable--something impossible.

Is it this world or the other that’s the dream? And even if the home he remembers is real, how can Jason possibly make it back to the family he loves? The answers lie in a journey more wondrous and horrifying than anything he could’ve imagined—one that will force him to confront the darkest parts of himself even as he battles a terrifying, seemingly unbeatable foe.


My Review

The last book I read by this author I could barely even finish it. So I was hoping that Mr. Crouch was not just one of those "one hit wonders" with his Wayward Pine trilogy. After reading this book I am very happy to report that this not the case with Mr. Crouch. As I got further and further into the story I was pulled into the world that Mr. Crouch was building. I like that this book is different from the Wayward Pine books. It does show that the author has versatility. This book is a little bit of a psychological trip that may have you doubting things that you know as reality. I could not stop reading this book. The ending was strong. I now have renewed spirit to read the next book by this author.

Comments

ShelvesOfKnives said…
I love Blake Crouch. In fact, I loved this book so much after reading the ARC, I bought both the audiobook and the hardback lol!!

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations