Behind Closed Doors

Everyone knows a couple like Jack and Grace: he has looks and wealth, she has charm and elegance. You'd like to get to know Grace better. But it's difficult, because you realize Jack and Grace are never apart. Some might call this true love.

Picture this: a dinner party at their perfect home, the conversation and wine flowing. They appear to be in their element while entertaining. And Grace's friends are eager to reciprocate with lunch the following week. Grace wants to go, but knows she never will. Her friends call—so why doesn't Grace ever answer the phone? And how can she cook such elaborate meals but remain so slim?

And why are there bars on one of the bedroom windows?

The perfect marriage? Or the perfect lie?




My Review

Finally a book that actually does live up to the hype. What I mean by this is the mention to this being the next Gone Girl or other books like this. I have recently read some books that made comparisons to books like this and other best sellers and they turned out to be downers for me. In fact, some of the books I could not finish. Yet, I had no problems with this book what so ever.

Everything from the storyline with the alternating past to present, Grace and Jack's Jekyll and Hyde relationship, Grace's sister, Millie, and the suspenseful moments leading up to the ending. I can't wait to see the movie. It can't come out fast enough. Although, I am hoping it will be every bit as great as this book. At first I thought Grace was just the "perfect" wife but she was a fighter. I loved Millie and agree with her when it came to "Jorj Koony". He is an evil, evil man. Anyone who is looking for the next great book to read has to pick up a copy of this book. You will be doing yourself a favor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations