What is an Alive Day and do you have one?

I have a question to ask you all. I recently finished reading Alive Day by Tom Sullivan. Read my review below. So after reading this book, I got to thinking and wanted to know from my readers, do you have an Alive Day or know someone who has one. We should all be so lucky to have an Alive Day.






Psychiatrist Brendan McCarthy knows a thing or two about struggles and dealing with curve balls. She about seven years ago, Brendan was mountain climbing when he had an accident that left him blind for the rest of his life. Luckily for Brendan, he has met the perfect companion in Nelson, a black Labrador with a heart of gold.

Antwone Carver thought his life was over. He survived a critical situation, which has left him paralyzed from the waist down. Antwone felt like he has nothing else to live for. He pushed away his wife. Dr. McCarthy gets called upon to help consul Antwone. When Antwone first meets Brendan, he doesn’t realize that Brendan is blind, as Nelson is not with him. Dr. McCarthy tries everything he can possible think of to connect with Antwone but nothing seems to work. Nelson teaches Antwone that his life isn’t over but just beginning.

Alive Day is the first novel I have read by Tom Sullivan. I have to say that after reading this book that I will be checking out the rest of his novels. This is such a heart-warming, uplifting read. I really connected with Brendan, Antwone and Nelson. Or course I do have to say that Nelson stole the show and was my favorite. You couldn’t help but fight along side Nelson as he helped Antwone to recovery. There was one part in this book, where I had the biggest smile. It was when Brendan left Nelson at home. Nelson couldn’t stand the fact that he was separated from his master and he crashed through the upstairs window to get to Brendan. I can understand the relationship that a guide dog forms with his human. It is even more special than just a person owning a dog for a pet. This is because I once trained a guide dog. Alive Day is a must read. I give it four paws!



To learn more about dogs like Nelson, go to Guide Dogs for the Blind.

Comments

The Bookworm said…
Wow, this sounds like an inspirational read!
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations