Book Review: Defying Evil

 

He’s the son of a serial killer.
She’s his father’s only surviving victim.
He’s obsessed with her.
She’s frightened of him.
Before it’s all over they’ll need each other to survive.

Cain Killion’s life has revolved around blood. From a childhood of torture by his father, to his gruesome ability to solve crimes. When a current case is directly connected to his past, there’s only one person with answers--but she isn’t talking, and the bodies are stacking up. The solution: Kidnap her.


My Review

Cain was very interesting to me. Not because he is the son of a killer but because of his unique abilities to access the crime scene. Although, I definitely felt the internal turmoil that he was experiencing being the son of a killer. 

Mercy being the "final" girl, she did have a fighting spirit. Yet, to be honest, I did feel a little like she allowed Cain to be more of the rock for them both in the beginning. As the story progressed, she did become stronger again. Not so much feeling the romantic aspect between these two. To be honest, I could have done without the romance. 

The last several chapters hyped me up and had me on the edge of my seat. Overall, I did like this book and do look forward to reading the next one by this author. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway