Book Review: The Player

 


One, two, three, four…
You want a fight, I’ll bring a war.

Five, six, seven, eight…
I’ll even use such pretty bait.

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, why…
Did you leave me there to die?

But I’m not dead,
I survived… somehow.
And it’s my games that you’ll play now.

Rich men, poor men, begging men, bleed.
A brutal death is what they need.
Our lives were theirs, they stole our soul.
Now it’s our turn to take control.

So, do you dare to join me in my game of why’s?
Where hidden truths become wicked lies.
Will you survive the ultimate test?
Which one of you will be the best?

They call you The Player, but I’m going to show
that those closest to you can be your greatest foe.


The Player is a dark, standalone romance set in the Soldiers of Anarchy world. Please read the trigger warnings at the beginning of the book before joining the game.

The Taskmaster is ready to play, are you?


My Review

I have been wanting to read these books for quite some time. I was not disappointed and in fact, after reading this book, it just makes me want to go back and read the prior books even more. The games that The Taskmaster played with Will and Bryony are evil. Yet, the victims, which you can't really call as they are evil men too, did deserve everything that came to them. 

Will and Bryony's love just grew stronger through the horror that they endured. When they were together physically, it was not just hot but filled with strong emotions. I heart them. When the Taskmaster's identity was revealed, it was heartbreaking. I was in his corner, despite the trauma that he put Bryony and Will through. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway