Book Review: Power Corrupts

 


"I can’t promise you more than that, and I need you to try and understand. I’m not saying this because I don’t feel things for you, but because I do.”


In the second volume of this post-apocalyptic occult thriller, Kari and Osric are on the run from a large cult that plans to sacrifice the younger girl to the gods to absolve her mother from sin. Taken in by a settlement, the pair soon realizes that corruption exists under the guise of safety, just as it exists within the dangers beyond the gate.

The leader of the settlement temporarily protecting them demands a task from Osric that would force him to betray his feelings for Kari. Will he sacrifice her heart to preserve her life?

* Karolina first began on Amazon's Kindle Vella platform and will be released in long-form volumes and seasons. Check the series page for publication dates!


My Review

After the events of the first book, I could not wait to read this one and continue the journey with Osric and Karolina. Their relationship is evolving. Yet, Osric is still a good father figure to Karolina. Which speaking of her, she is blooming into a good, young woman. She is becoming stronger. 

I look forward to seeing more of Karolina's growth as I continue this series. There is a new addition to this story. Her name is Mira. She is a nice addition. She is a fighter. Although, with her presence does bring new challenges between Osric and Karolina. 

I am invested in Osric and Karolina. Therefore, I found myself engaged in the story and them. Making these books very quick reads. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway