Book Review: Obsession

 



Savannah
Imagine my surprise when the chance to interview the country’s most notorious man on death row lands on my table. His final confession. It’s too good of an opportunity to turn down.
Robbie Hammond is old enough to be my father, a man condemned for the murder of at least fourteen women. He is dangerous, deadly. Intense in ways I can’t explain. Yet, despite the red flags, his magnetism draws me to him. I’m powerless to fight it.

Robbie
Not everything is as it appears. The moment Savannah set foot in here, she shivered like a leaf in the wind, barely able to hold eye contact without a blush creeping up her neck.
I can’t take my eyes off her. It’s no mistake she’s here, watching me from across the table.
There's a reason I only agreed to talk to Savannah Campbell before they put me down—why it has to be her.
Beneath the quivering smile hides a darkness I recognize.
A darkness that sparks my interest.
But the question is: how deep does it run?

Authors note: 
Obsession is a very dark thriller romance. It contains graphic sexual scenes and graphic violence that may be disturbing to some readers.


My Review

Every time that Harleigh comes out with a new book, I have to read it. She delivered the big punches in this book. I have not been this excited about a couple who share a twisted relationship since Gretchen and Archie from the Heartsick series by Chelsea Cain. 

To quote Savannah..."Robbie, you are my oxygen."  

Each time that Savannah visited Robbie got more intense. You could feel the strong attraction they shared, and it was not infatuation. It was like their souls were speaking to each other. 

The story gets dark along the way, but I would not expect anything less from Harleigh. She writes for my black heart. As the title suggests, I am "obsessed" with this book!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway