Book Review: Unknown Assailant

 


Dr. Pepper Hunt and Detective Beau Antelope team up again to investigate a tragic murder/suicide in a prominent ranch family in the small town of Farson, Wyoming. As they explore events leading up to the night of the disturbing crime they are drawn into the dark heart of a troubled family touched by a legacy of trauma.


My Review

I have not read the prior two books in this series but it is not a requirement that you have read them first. This book can be read as a stand alone novel. While, this book did not grab me as strongly, I did like the dynamics of Dr. Pepper Hunt and Detective Beau Antelope and would go back and read the first two books to get to know and see them in action better. 

Sadly, the reason I found myself struggling with this book is the cast of characters. Other than the two main characters, I did not really find anything intriguing about the rest of them. Thus I was not as interested in the "how, what, where, and why" of the story. Which are all major aspects of this storyline. So, I found myself finishing this book a lot slower. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway