Book Review: Pulling the Goalie

 


Can the girl who hides in the shadows date a guy who chases the spotlight?

Eloise:

Ares de la Peña: VIP hockey goalie, stripper, bisexual playboy.

He lives for the limelight. He’s everything I should avoid, yet I’m drawn to him in ways I don’t understand. As our worlds collide, I discover he’s more than just the flashy heir to a billion dollar fortune. I’ll never fit into his world. But I want to.

Ares:

What is it about this girl? She hides her scars behind her bright hair, quirky clothing, and striking lipstick, but I see her. She’s the calm that quiets my demons, while running from her own. My reputation precedes me, which is usually a good thing, but in this case her preconceived notions about me aren’t working in my favor.

How can I make her see that what we have is far more than skin deep?


My Review

I am really enjoying this new hockey series by author, Lasairiona. It is so spicy, and I can't wait to continue this series. Ares already gets a win with his name, but he gets a bonus being a netminder and having a pierced...You know what I mean. A lot of the hockey romance books I read the male character is the captain of the team. It is not often that I read where the character is a Goalie. Don't let all the extra padding fool you as goalies are hot too. 

When it came to Eloise, I have to admit that in the beginning it took me a while to warm up to her. She was so clueless when it came to hockey. she did not know what a hat trick was or that the fights are the best part of hockey! Yet, she made up for it with her feisty nature towards Ares. These two brought the hot chemistry. 

As if I was not already going to read book three, Lasairiona leaves me with a cliffhanger. Pulling the Goalie scores a winning goal!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway