Book Review: From the Flames

 



Dear Kings,

All three of you have a hold on my heart. I imagined our future, years from now, and the four of us living our best lives. It would be filled with nothing but love and happiness. Maybe we would marry, have kids, or even travel the world. Whatever it was, we would be doing it together.

But that can never happen. My life is spiraling out of control. My sleep is haunted by nightmares, and any thoughts I had of the future are merely wishes that won’t come true. My life has an expiration date. The only thing I can do now is try to survive tomorrow.

Daxon, Mason, and Colton, you all are my heart pieces. I’m just sorry I will never get a chance to live out my dreams with you.

Love,

Phoenix

This is a dark bully romance, and there are dark themes throughout the book. This book contains strong subject matter that may not be suitable for all readers, including scenes that may depict, mention, or discuss triggering elements such as: abduction, abusive relationship, anxiety, assault, attempted murder, blood, bullying, death, depression, emotional abuse, fire, kidnapping, murder, physical abuse, r-pe, self-harm, sexual abuse, sexual assault, slut shaming, stalking, starvation, suicide, violence. Recommended 18+

My Review

Phoenix, Mason, Colton, and Daxon are back. I missed them and could not wait to read this book. Yet, it was bittersweet as well, knowing that this book was the finale to this trilogy. Although, these four will still keep a special place in my heart. 

This book picks up from the cliffhanger that Lynn left us with in book two. From there, it was nonstop mayhem, alpha vibes, tons of spicy scenes, and redemption. I devoured every moment of this book. All three guys won my heart, there is no one favorite. Each one brought something different to the relationship that I enjoyed. Although, it was their alpha attitudes and kindness that they showed Phoenix that made me really love them. 

This quote really stood out to me:

"Into the flames I went and from the ashes my new life emerged.  I'm a motherfucking phoenix after all."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway