Book Review: The Rebound

 

He was supposed to be my forever love
Until he becomes my personal hell...


Declan Beauchamp: he’s the super-hot, super-bad boy actor.
I’m the new voice, who has an overnight break-out single.
Together we are unbeatable.
A match-made-in-tabloid heaven.
Until he betrays me...

I manage to put him behind and move on.
I even have a new boyfriend.
Except my career is in freefall...
Only consolation?
Declan isn’t faring better either.

With my future and his at stake.
Declan comes up with a plan.
One movie together,
And a fake relationship to catapult our futures back on track.

But when our chemistry detonates,
I know I can’t survive this encounter.
I tell him the deal is off,
Except it’s too late...

A standalone, enemies-to-lovers fake relationship billionaire romance about mistakes, heartache, and second chances. 


My Review

As soon as I started reading this book, i was instantly hooked. I could feel the angst and the intense tension between Solene and Declan. It was so intense that I found myself sitting on the edge of my seat a few times. 

Every spicy scene between these two had me reaching for a tall, ice cold glass of water. If I wore eyeglasses, they would have been fogged up. Declan can boss me around anytime he wants. Yes, sir!

The progression of Solene and Declan's relationship grew stronger and steamier. I really found myself sucked into this book. Reading for long periods of time. I now need a physical copy for my bookshelf. If you are looking for your next age gap read, you need to rush and download this book now. 




Read an excerpt:

"Are you really engaged to Olivia?" I venture. 

"What do you care?" he growls. A vein pops at his temple. The muscles below his jawline flex and, good god, if he grits his teeth any harder, he’s going to crack a molar.

The tension between us ratchets up. The air is so thick with unsaid emotions, it seems to press down on my chest. Sweat pools under my armpits. My nerves are so stretched, my teeth are so on edge, I’m going to scream any moment. I squeeze my fingers together in my lap , "That’s not fair. You know I did care about you."

"We hardly knew each other. We met, what was it, once?"

"Twice."

"Oh, yes, the second time is when you told your brother that you didn’t know me, and I had broken into your room with a view to hurting you."

I flinch. "Don’t say that, please."

"It’s true, isn’t it? That’s what you told him—that I was forcing you against your will."

"I didn’t mean it."

"Sure you did," he leans forward in his chair. "I was beaten up so badly by your brother’s men, I needed twenty stitches and reconstructive surgery on my face to revise the worst of what the blemish left behind. Not to mention, the broken ribs, a sprained neck, a cracked femur and the broken ankle I sustained. I was in the hospital for weeks, then needed physical therapy for months to regain full movement."

I flick my gaze up to the scar on his face, then back at him. "I’m so sorry, Declan. I didn’t mean for that to happen. I saw my brother and was so afraid he’d be angry at me. If he knew that I was willingly kissing you, there’s no telling what he would have done to me."

"Instead, you decided you didn’t care what he and his henchmen did to me?" he snarls.

"I didn’t think he’d set his men on you—"

"Lies, all lies." He slaps his palm on the table and the plates jump. One of the forks slides off and hits the ground with a clash. I flinch again. 

"Stop acting like you’re this innocent princess, when we both know that’s not true."

"I don’t know what you mean."

"Oh?" He bares his teeth. "You took off your top and came at me. You threw yourself at me. You begged me to kiss you, don’t you remember?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway