Whistling in the Dark



A friend lent me this book to read. It was a very good book. Highly recommend it!! Whenever someone asks me what is a good book to read, I say this one.





Here is my review of the book.





It was the summer of 1959. Sally and Troo’s mom was in the hospital, their step dad was busy hitting the bottle and their sister Nell had other things on her mind like her boyfriend.

There were two murdered girls and Sally thought that she would be next. So that summer Sally and Troo were on a mission to track down the murder before something happened to Sally.

David Rasmussen, the next door neighbor, who is a cop, happens to have a picture of one of the murdered girls. What is his secret and why does he have an interest in Sally.

Despite the grittiness of a child predator killing little girls, Lesley Kagen still could keep the innocence of Sally and Troo throughout this book.




For anyone who enjoyed reading Water for Elephants than you need to check this book out. Whistling in the Dark is a fun, adventureous, light-hearted story. It mainly focuses on Troo and Sally, two sisters who get into trouble and seek to solve a mystery of a serial killer in their own neighborhood. I would have to say my favorite character was Troo. She may have been the youngest one but she didn't act like it. Troo acted more like a 40 year old french woman trapped in a seven year old's body. This book will bring back memories for anyone who enjoyed they childhood times and friends of the good old days. Check Whistling in the Dark out and you won't be sorry you did.



5 stars!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Can you believe I still haven't read "Water for Elephants"? No doubt I will the the last in the US to read it...lol!
Linda Jacobs said…
I haven't read it either! This summer for sure along with Whistling in the Dark.

Nicely written review! I like that 40-year old French woman comparison!
samantha.1020 said…
I am adding this to my TBR list. Thanks!!
Irish said…
I should never have come to look at your blog. Because now I have yet another book to add to my ever growing wishlist.
Anonymous said…
Linda, thank goodness I am not the only one! I really thought I was. It's on my TBR challenge list.
I loved Whistling in the Dark. Make sure you bump it up close to the top of your TBR piles :) She has a new book coming out - Land of A Hundred Wonders and is due out on Aug. 5th.

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations