Book Review: Serpentine

 


Taking over Dad’s spot had been easy enough, but I was raised amongst the snakes. I was taught to survive and hold my own. Always doing what’s right. I am the son of Sebastian Barot, Quiver leader, and alpha to a pack so vile that we operate in utter darkness. Where the law can’t touch us. Taking down elitist scum like Carter Williams is what we do in our sleep while our venom regenerates. That is when we’re all behaving and focused.


I was told to watch him. This ensures we have time to execute the plan to take down the company he runs. The one that haphazardly killed our father and leader. It’s all hands on deck with this job, but that was until I saw her. Miles is pissed. But it’s already done. But from how he’s eyeing her from across the pool, I’d say he feels the same way I do. Which is about to come to a fucking head. And two Cobras shouldn’t square off.

My name means whirlwind or tempest, but I’m far from it. I’ve been promised to my fiancé, Carter, since middle school. Our families are both prominent, and we must carry on the bloodlines. I adore him, don’t get me wrong. But something is lacking. Something I don’t think I’ll ever get to touch in my time on this earth. But I’m wrong. Fire comes into my life in the form of two brothers, one so dangerous I might as well let it burn itself out.


My Review

OMG. K.M. absolutely slayed with this book! It is a bit of a departure from her normal writing style, but I love this book so much. K.M., now that you have gone down this path, you need to stay on it. 

"She is life. She's what's feeding my soul. My. lungs. My heart."

The best thing that could happen to Aella is being taken by Braxton, and Miles. She bloomed with Braxton and Miles. Um, good girl is a good nickname, and you can't go wrong with it, but I fell in love with Bambi. 

I loved both Miles and Braxton. Yet, I felt a bit more of an emotional connection towards Braxton. The way that he viewed the world and interacted with people being on the autistic side, made me want to protect him. Not that he needed it. 

"Love's raw and untamed power makes us feel slightly out of control and freer."

The emotions are strong in this book and therefore the intimate scenes are made even spicer because of the emotions. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Aberrations

Book Giveaway