Book Review: Relentless Devil

 

Maddie

           Work, sleep, and sometimes eat.

Rinse and repeat.

That’s been my life for the past two years. One struggle after another.

            Fighting to keep my sister alive.

            Fighting to maintain the strength to not give up.

           I had everything under control. I had a routine. Order.

Until a certain Mr. Tall-Dark-and-Handsome turned my world on its axis.

           He’s relentless. No matter how much I shut him down, he keeps showing up.

                      

Theo

           I make it a habit to always get what I want.

Either through brute force or by outsmarting my opponent.

           I never lose.

           I never hear the words no.

           Until the day I walked into a coffee shop and saw her.

           Maddie doesn’t know who she’s dealing with.

She doesn’t know just how relentless I am when I want something.

           And right now, that something is the mousy brunette glaring at me from behind the counter.


This is book 1 in a series of four standalone mafia romances, each book contains the story of one of the four sons of Theo and Holly Valentino who you can read about in the Valentino Empire Series. 


My Review

I absolutely freaking loved Relentless Devil by Kyle Kent. Once I started reading, I was hooked. In fact, I stayed up into the early morning to finish this book. Sleep is overrated. Maddie is a firecracker. She is so spirited and that is what Theo loved about her. He never knew what she was going to do or the things that would come out of her mouth.

Theo may have had an instant attraction to Maddie but the same could not be said on her side. This is what I loved the most about these two. There was no insta-love. It was more of a enemies to lovers. Yet, I would let Theo stalk me anytime. I can't wait to read book two.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations