Rescued





The next novel in David Rosenfelt’s witty, heartfelt mystery series featuring lawyer Andy Carpenter and his faithful golden retriever, Tara.

Defense lawyer Andy Carpenter is reluctant to take on any more cases. He’d much rather spend his time working for his dog rescue organization, the Tara Foundation, than find himself back in a courtroom. However, when a truck carrying over seventy dogs from the South to the rescue-friendly northeast turns up with a murdered driver, Andy can’t help but get involved.

Andy is eager to help the dogs, many of whom come to the Tara Foundation while awaiting forever homes – it’s the man accused of murder who he has a problem defending. The accused just happens to be his wife Laurie’s ex-fiance; her tall, good looking, ex-Marine ex-fiance. Even with dozens of cases behind him, this one may prove to be his most difficult.



My Review

I have not read many books in this series. In fact, I turned my one friend into a true fan of this author's. She has raved about his series and author for quite a while now. So, I finally decided to jump in and read this book. It was like I had been a reader for years. Instantly, I connected with Andy, his wife, Laurie, and the rest of the characters. It is easy to see why Andy is so successful as an attorney. He is smart, has good instincts, but he is also very personable.

Mr. Rosenfelt writes with ease. I read this book in one sitting. It was like I picked up the book and before I knew it, I was already half way done with the book. For me the characters were new but I was able to keep them all straight. It didn't seem like there were any secondary characters. You could say that I was "rescued" by this book. I plan to go back and read the other books in this series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations