The Pocket Wife

An amazing talent makes her debut with this stylish psychological thriller—with the compelling intrigue of The Silent Wife and Turn of Mind and the white-knuckle pacing of Before I Go to Sleep —in which a woman suffering from bipolar disorder cannot remember if she murdered her friend during a breakdown.

Dana Catrell is horrified to learn she was the last person to see her neighbor Celia alive. Suffering from a devastating mania, a result of her bipolar disorder, Dana finds that there are troubling holes in her memory, including what happened on the afternoon of Celia's death. As evidence starts to point in her direction, Dana struggles to clear her name before her own demons win out.

Is murder on her mind - or is it all in her head?

The closer she comes to piecing together shards of her broken memory, the more Dana falls apart. Is there a murderer lurking inside her . . . or is there one out there in the shadows of reality, waiting to strike again? A story of marriage, murder and madness, The Pocket Wife explores the world through the foggy lens of a woman on the edge.



My Review

I picked up this book because one it sounded good and two because this book was compared to The Silent Wife and Before I Go to Sleep. Two books that I have read. I did not care for The Silent Wife but I really liked Before I Go to Sleep. If this is Susan's debut novel then I can't wait to see what her second one will be like. She writes like a professional with years of experience under her belt. This book does mess with your mind a little. While I would not say there are any really big surprises involved in the solving of the murder. It was the way that the truth was revealed that got me. I was with Dana on her side but than I even had a brief period of my doubts about her. Especially when the story was progressing and it did seem like Dana had imagined the whole truth about what happened. It was almost really easy to imagine that she was capable of killing someone. When you suffer from a mental disease it is hard to tell the real world of your own. I brought this book along for a road trip and had it finished in a matter of a few hours. The Pocket Wife is one of going to be one of the hottest books to keep an eye on for 2015. A roller coaster ride of murder, mayhem, and an all out fun psychological thriller to read!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway