The Silent Gift



The year is 1930. Mary will never forget the day her extraordinary son, Jack was born. She and her husband, Jerry Sinclair were driving to the hospital to deliver the baby. The roads were slick as it was raining. Jerry lost control of the car. It went off the road and into a lake. Mary ends up giving birth to Jack in the lake.

Jack was born completely deaf. He can’t even read lips. Ever since that day, Jerry has become cold and selfish. Mary packs up Jack and they run away. Mary discovers that Jack is very special and has a unique gift. One that utilizes the word of God.

Jerry wants his family back. So he goes in search of them and won’t give up till he has found Mary and Jack.

I absolutely loved every moment of this book. I had my eyes glued to the pages and a hard grip on the book. Mary and Jack had me from the first chapter. I loved that Mary didn’t just give up, when the times got tough. She fought for her and her son. The best part was that Mary never saw Jack as being a hindrance and disabled but just her son who she loved very much. All of the characters were very engaging, even Jerry. Authors Michael Landon and Cindy Kelley are a winning dynamic team. They meshed well together. This book should be a best seller. I hope Mr. Landon and Mrs. Kelley write another novel together, in the near future.

Comments

Now I want to read this book! The cover, book synopsis and your sincere comments make this an attractive read. I have added it to my wishlist.
Linda Jacobs said…
Me, too! I've gotten so sick of the same old, same old and this sounds different and intriquing.

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations