Soul and Shadow

I want to thank Susan McLeod for sending me her book to review.







Lily Evans is an artist, who specializes in ancient Egyptian portraits. Maybe that’s why Dame Ursula Allingham approached her for Lily’s help. Ursula is a famous archeologist who unearthed Amisihathor. Lily will never forget the day that Ursula told her these words “I have a story to tell you”. Mrs. Allingham wants Lily to solve the true story about what happened between Amisihathor and Kahotep, her lover. Lily agrees. As Lily starts reading up on Amisihathor, something magical happens and it’s like Lily has gone back in time to another century.

At just one hundred and twenty-four pages, Soul and Shadow is a quick but fun read. You can read Soul and Shadow when you are needing a break from your everyday activities. Susan McLeod mixes mystery and romance into this book. I thought the way she intertwined Lily and Amisihathor paths together was interesting. I felt like I was right there with Lily every step of the way. Susan made ancient history appealing again. I don’t know what else I can say about this book other than well done Ms. McLeod.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like a great book. I LOVE that cover!
Anonymous said…
I have the book and can't wait to read it! I believe I already mentioned to the author that I too love the cover. I just know it will be a great read since it goes into the part of history I love to read about!
Rai Aren said…
I also have this book, and being someone who has been fascinated by ancient Egypt her whole life, I can't wait to read it! It's right up my alley. I think the cover is beautiful, too...

Great review!!

Rai Aren, co-author of Secret of the Sands
http:/www.secretofthesands.com/
The Bookworm said…
this sounds good, I like that book cover too.
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/
Anonymous said…
I read this book and loved it. Ms. McLeod is a very talented writer and she's done a beautiful job of weaving together two stories, old and new. I look forward to reading more of her work.
Miss Maria said…
This was a fun book to read. It is amazing that this is the author's first book, and I can't wait to read more of her work.
Unknown said…
I'm wondering if Susan is going to write a sequel. I have read the book and really like it. In fact, I liked it so much, that I want to know what happens to the characters later on. And I guess the only way I can figure that out is for her to get busy on a sequel. Does anyone know if this is in her plans?
Anonymous said…
Wonderful book. A great escape from everyday life! Make sure you have some time before you pick it up, you won't want to put it down!!
Anonymous said…
Great review! The book is also on my list and I am excited to read it!
Anonymous said…
I was very impressed with this book, especially the clever intertwining of past and present. The prose was so well crafted that I really felt like I was right there back in ancient Egypt.

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations