Two Thrillers of Kevin O'Brien's

I have read both of these books a while ago but thought I would chat about them, just in case no one has ever read this author's work. The first book I read of Kevin O'Brien's was The Killing Spree and the other one was One Last Scream. After reading One Last Scream, I am hooked and can't wait to read more by this author.
















When a serial killer gets a taste for blood...he only wants to do one thing...kill and kill again...



Years ago, the Seattle police were baffled by the Schoolgirl Murders. The killer staged the scenes, dressing his female victims in school girl uniforms and saddle shoes. No woman in Seattle felt safe, until they caught the man responsible, and the case was forgotten…



Across the country, a killing spree is taking place. The first victim is attacked in a taxi by a mysterious stranger. The next is found strangled in a changing room. A hitchhiker is left by the side of the road, his identity brutally stolen. The murders are so bizarre, so random, no one would think to connect them…



Only Seattle writer Gillian McBride sees the disturbing coincidences between all the murders – and it’s hitting too close to home. Somehow, she is the link between the past and the present – and to a twisted serial killer who shows no signs of stopping…


The concept of a serial killer killing people in exactly the same way as they were killed in the books was great. This was my first book I ever read by this author but it was good enough to get me hooked on trying other books by him. Which lead me to One Last Scream (see below). If you love suspense/thrillers than you have to try out a Kevin O'Brien book.

I rate this book 4 stars














Eleven years ago twelve women vanished without a trace and their whereabouts are still a mystery.



Amelia Faraday suffers from blackouts, so when she has a vision of something terrible happening to her adopted parents and her aunt she can’t help but feel that she may somehow be responsible for their deaths and the deaths of others.



It seems like the deaths of her parents and her aunt was a murder–suicide case but that all changes when Amelia sees herself killing everyone in exactly the same way they were found.



Amelia’s therapist, Karen Carlisle does not believe that Amelia could be capable of murder. As time passes, Amelia’s behavior starts getting more and more bizarre, Karen and Amelia’s uncle decide to investigate Amelia’s past and what they find is more than they bargained for.


Could Amelia be a cold-blooded killer or a pawn in a deadly game?




I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Even though I figured out the true identity of the killer about 3/4 of the way I was not disappointed by how it ended. The characters were great and there was plenty of suspense to keep me reading till the end. I couldn't put this book down.



This book is highly recommended and I give it 5 stars.

Comments

Linda said…
My kind of books! I'll be on the lookout for them. Thanks for your well-written reviews!
Vickie said…
I concur, this is my kind of book. I have ONE LAST SCREAM on Mt Git'r'Read and it is getting moved up the stack when I get home. Thankin' you for the enthusiastic review.
I'm a HUGE Kevin O'Brien fan.

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations