Book Review: The Lost Prince

 


Cast aside since birth and denied my true heritage, they know me as the bastard prince. For years I played their game, doing allI could to assist my half-brothers shuffle refugees from the castle, while keeping them and the dying Nobles safe in the old mine tunnels.


The Prince of Rats, one girl called me.

The others view the curse as their doom, but they don't realize the golden opportunity it presents. With magick coursing through my blood, I've greedily hoarded all the knowledge I could. They left us all for dead, and once I'm through with them, they'll wish they'd stuck around to finish the job.

All of Dorea will tremble under the might of their new Overlord.


The Lost Prince is book 8 in the Rise of the Drakens series, and continues from Kingdom of Flames & Flowers, as well as Kingdom of Ash & Bones, of the Curse of the Dragon series. This book can be read as a standalone or as a continuation of either series.

This book contains depictions of graphic violence and situations not suitable for everyone.



My Review


The secret surrounding Zephyr is a big one. It leaves him with only a few people who he can call allies. There is Vession, and Shava, a mud girl. Shava may be a mud girl, but she is strong. She can kick some butt. She is someone that I would want on my side. 


When Zephyr learns of his heritage and why the queen has it out for him, this only fuels Zephyr to seek vengeance. The queen should be scared as Zephyr has a powerful friend that she did not expect.


This is my first introduction to Raven and this series. I was able to jump right into this book with no issues having not read any of the prior books. Instantly, I was captivated by the story and Zephyr. I connected with Zephyr, Shava, and all of the characters. The story is rich, and I could envision everything as it played out in my head. I definitely will be going back and checking out the prior books as well as continuing this series.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

If You Tell: A True Story of Murder

Aberrations