Book Review: Dear Rosie,

 

Rosie
I was eight when Nathan moved away.
He was my best friend.
My only friend.
My safe space.
And then he was gone. And my life turned into Hell.
But I survived.
I broke free and made a life for myself.
And I tried to forget about the boy who grew up to be Nate Waller, the famous retired football player.
I really did try to forget.
But then I opened the door, while working at a client’s house, and he was there. Standing before me.
My old friend.
My unwitting confidant.
My Nathan.
Except… he doesn’t recognize me.

Nate
The curvy little redhead captured my attention the second I saw her.
And I knew I needed to have her.
Needed to know her better.
Needed to get my hands on her.
But when I did.
When she moaned my name. My 
full name. It all came rushing back.
Twenty-five years had passed, but in that moment I finally recognized her.
My Rosie.
My childhood friend.
I may have forgotten about her. But I remember now.
And this time I’m not letting her go.



My Review

OMG. I absolutely love this book. As soon as I started reading this book, S.J. had me hooked. Did you know that S.J. incorporates a specific food/household item and or color in her books that are endearing to her characters. So, with this book, get ready to love marshmallows. 

When Nate recognized Rosie and instantly called her his was so endearing. From there, it only got better between these two. While I loved the spicy moments between these two it was the emotional interactions that I treasured the most. 

I could not get enough of Nate and Rosie. There was so many "ahh" moments in this book. You are definitely going to want to reread this book. I will leave you with this "ah ha" moment from Nate..."I look at her like I already love her."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

If You Tell: A True Story of Murder

Aberrations