Audiobook Review: Adrift

 



Rani Shah is everything I can’t have–too young, too sweet, too innocent. Not to mention, she’s my late wife’s sister and my son’s nanny.

So when she asked me to kiss her, I should have refused.

When she begged me to touch her, I could have turned her down.

When she coaxed me to take the one thing she’s never given away–her virginity–a better man would have walked away.

Should have, could have, would have . . .

But I didn’t.

She should have been living the carefree life of a nineteen-year-old.

She could have avoided all my broken pieces and jagged edges.

She would have been able to save herself before I got a taste.

Should have, could have, would have . . .

But she didn’t.

Some love stories are forbidden from the start.

Ours is one of them.


My Review

Let me tell you that the audiobook is the way to enjoy this book. Narrators, Simone Lewis and Aaron Shedlock brought this story to life. I could listen to them both all day. As if I would not already be engaged in this story as it is written by Swati M.H. but Simone and Aaron enhanced the story.

Darian and Rani both experienced not only a physical attraction but an emotional one as well. I felt for Darian. He was at a crossroads about his feelings towards Rani. So, the fact that he did not act on them instantly or the fact that Rani was inexperienced in love, there was some angst. Luckily, they were able to slowly navigate their way into expressing their feelings towards one another. 

One thing that did help Rani was hearing Lynn and Fred's love story. These two are a pure delight. Fred is a ham for sure, but you can tell how much he loves Lucy. This book is a must read/must listen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

If You Tell: A True Story of Murder

Aberrations