Inspector Hector Salgado, the salty hero of The Summer of Dead Toys, returns in another crime thriller set in Barcelona during a cold snap.

Senior staff at Alemany Cosmetics come home with a secret after a team-building retreat in a remote country house.  Each has anonymously received a photo showing dogs hanging dead from a tree near the farm. Now they're committing suicide, one by one.  The connection between the gut-wrenching photos and heartbreaking suicides remains a befuddling mystery -- one that racks Barcelona's executive think tanks, and could lead to a frightening end. 


Deciphering the personalitites of these youthful executives and their power structures isn't easy, but Inspector Salgado has his own ways of making them speak. Meanwhile, Barcelona is freezing, suffering from an unusual cold spell and Salgado's wife, Ruth, is still missing. Salgado must break through the icily furtive layers of this young group in order to save his family, his reputation, and his city. 



My Review

I have never read The Summer of Dead Toys book one of the Inspector Hector Salgado books. However I have seen it around and thought about checking it out. Thus when I saw this book and read the premise of it, I thought ok now is the time to finally check this author out. I do have to say that I did like this author. I think Ms. Hill does have a good talent for writing and telling a good story. I did like this book. What I did not like was that even though the chapters and sections were quick reading, the overall story itself was kind of lacking in drama and had a lot of conversation and thus it made for a slow moving story. After a while I did find myself sort of skimming the rest of the book. The ending was fine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations