Neptune: The Allied Invasion of Europe and the D-Day Landings

I was not born yet when D-Day happened. But I can remember reading about these events in my history class. It is one of the events that shaped America and it should not be forgotten. Especially for all the men and women that gave their lives for what we have now. I think too many young people are not being taught the importance of history and just take things for granted. It is reading books like this that really make you thankful for what you have. I thought the author did an excellent job taking me back in time in history to the events leading up to D-Day.

One thing though that I have always found a problem for me reading these types of books are the numbered references. What I mean by this is that I will be reading and then there will be a number inserted somewhere in the text that the author uses to refer you to the reference that the author used at the back of the book. While I appreciate the author pointing to references, I find that It makes it easier if I read up on the references afterwards when I have finished the book otherwise it is not easy to go back and forth. However, I like the footnotes. They are quick to read and they have lots of very informative information that adds to the section I am currently reading. This book is a must read for history buffs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations