In The End







Book Summary

The thrilling conclusion to In the After, the survival story of Amy and Baby, set in a near future where Earth has been overrun by vicious, predatory creatures.

It’s been three months since Amy escaped New Hope, and she’s been surviving on her own, like she did in the After. Until one day, her former fellow Guardian’s voice rings out in her earpiece. And in a desperate tone, Kay utters the four words Amy had hoped she would never hear: Dr. Reynolds has Baby.

Now it’s a race against time, for Baby is in imminent danger, her life threatened by the malevolent doctor who had helped start the end of the world. In order to save Baby, Amy must make her way to Fort Black, a prison-turned-survivor-colony, where she will need to find Ken, Kay’s brother. He alone holds the key to Baby’s survival.

One small slip-up on this quest could spark a downward spiral that would not only cost Baby and Amy their lives, but threaten the very survival of the people in the After.




My Review


I did not realize how much I missed Amy and Baby until I read this book. Amy has really grown since the prior novel. She can hold her own and can and will kick some butt. The introduction to the new characters were alright. Except for Jacks and Brenna I was not feeling most of them. This is because most of the rest of them were evil like Dr. Reynolds or close too it. I don't know what is scarier...Dr. Reynolds or the floraes. My two down falls in this book was that I wanted more action. It seemed like there was a lot of dialect and not enough action. Amy stayed in one place or another for a long time. Unlike in the prior novel, In The After, where Amy was moving around a lot to escape the floraes. My other sad thing about this book was Baby. I hated what Dr. Reynolds did to her and made her become. I loved her innocence in the first book. In this one she lost it. However, this book and series ended on a good, high note. I can't wait to read the next book by this author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations