Confessions of a Trauma Junkie

I want to thank Mrs. Jones Mayo for sending me a copy of her book to review.




Confessions of a Trauma Junkie is a collaboration of true stories straight from the people who were there at the scene...the emergency workers. Sherry Jones Mayo did a great job of putting this book together.

This book is split up into four different sections about emergency service personnel. The first section involves stories about the ones who usually respond to the call. The next section shows the readers that even emergency responders are human too and sometimes they cry. There is just one rule about cry...never let your fellow co-workers see you do it. It is best done in private.

The third section deals with the nurses, doctors and the rest of the staff at the hospitals. Mrs. Jones Mayo starts off be explaining that when someone comes into the emergency room, the first question they are asked is what is the patient's name. The answers that people give are priceless. I was laughing throughout this whole section. I would tell me co-workers you have to read this one or that one.

The final section talks about events that happened , where just when you thought it was over, it really isn't. There is even a story about how Sherry herself helped out in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.

I enjoyed this book. It really made me appreciate all the work these people do, day in and day out. They may not always get respected but I believe that Confessions of a Trauma Junkie does help give some of that respect these people deserve. Be warned that these are true events. So if you are faint at heart then you might not be able to handle the gore or even the somewhat crude language. To me I did not mind and could understand the reasons why for the language.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love true stories like this one. Do they have Free Book Promotion?

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations