Best Friends Forever

I want to thank Dana for sending me a copy of this book to review.







Addie Downs and Valerie Adler have been best friends since they were nine years old. Addie and her mother moved into the house across from Valerie. They were inseparable. That all changed in high school. Addie became the popular one and Valerie got thrown to the side. Valerie's brother was in a terrible car accident that left him mentally in-stable. It was up to Valerie and her parents to care for him.

Now flash forward to fifteen years later. Valerie has never left her hometown. In fact she still is living in her parents home, though her parents are are no longer alive. Where as on the other hand, Addie moved away. She is a famous weather girl for a television station.

Late one night Valerie hears a knock on her door. There standing on her front porch is Addie with blood on her coat. Addie tells Valerie that she needs her help. What ensues next for these two friends is a road trip filled with memories and hopefully a reconnection.

Best Friends Forever is a fun, chick-lit that will have you and your friends talking about it for a while. Addie and Valerie reminded me of Thelma and Louise...best friends till the end. At first I wanted to hate Addie for ditching Valerie but once I got to know Addie better, it was hard not to like her. Valerie is the backbone to this friendship. She may be quiet but she is always there for you when you need her. I couldn't put this book down. If you are planning a vacation, then make sure that you take a copy of this book along with you for your reading pleasure. Jennifer Weiner is a talented author.

To learn more about Jennifer and her books, then go to her website.

Comments

Kristie said…
This one sounds good. Through Facebook I have recently reconnected with some friends whom I haven't spoken too in years and can imagine picking up and meeting with some of them. I think I may place this one on hold from my library. Thanks for the great review!
Anonymous said…
This looks like a fun summer read. I have read Jennifer before and enjoyed her style of writing very much!
KR said…
I've been wanting this one!

mj.coward[at]gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations