Book Review: The Foul Out

 


A bad play shouldn’t cause a media meltdown but I’m Kyle Bosco and I’m a competitive jerk. So of course I couldn’t just shut up.

Now I must atone for my comments. Somehow that includes working at a daycare with seven year old Piper who thinks I’m her best friend. But Piper is not the one who has me tied up in knots. That job is reserved for Harper Wallace- her mother.

Harper is fierce, combative, and an irresistibly gorgeous single mom.

If hating me were a sport, she'd be MVP. For reasons I can't tell you, she's completely off limits so I obviously should stay away.

But hear me out?

I'm a competitive jerk. I’m not the guy that rides the bench. I’d rather go down swinging and foul out than not play at all.



My Review

What a first impression Harper made on Kyle. Let's just say that she also did not make friends of the Boston Revs or her children, especially Piper. This girl is a walking/talking baseball encyclopedia of knowledge. She knows all of the players stats; I think better than they do. 


Every time that Piper made an appearance, I could not get enough of her. She kept things interesting. I like how Kyle interacted with her and did not treat her any differently having ASD. They way that Harper handled Piper was good. For example, the fact that she had Piper blow off steam when she got overstimulated and acted out versus yelling at her and punishing her.  


By the end of the story, you can say that Harper won over Kyle. These two shared some sweet moments together. Ooh and I would be remiss if I did not say that I was giddy with joy with the brief appearance of Puff. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

If You Tell: A True Story of Murder

Aberrations