Book Review: From the Darkness

 

To whoever cares,

It hurts. The pain is blinding. And I’m not talking about the scars on my wrist. It’s the wounds bleeding from my heart.

The pain, lies, and heartache.

It’s all just too much.

I’m more alone than ever. My past has been exposed for the entire school to see, and the friend I thought I had abandoned me when I needed her most, along with the three guys I opened my heart to. And the moment I did, I was done for.

Daxon, Mason, and Colt brought on this darkness.

Their betrayal and their lies led me to the end.

And that’s what I wanted. I wanted it to be over.

I wanted the pain gone, I wanted the tears to dry up, and I wanted the world to go black.

Except, I don’t get an end.

My stalker is still out there. I’m still bullied by everyone around me. The only family member alive, ignores me and pretends I don’t exist. My life is slowly crumbling around me.

My sanity’s holding on by a thread.

My existence can’t get any darker can it?

Love,

Phoenix

This book contains strong subject matter that may not be suitable for all readers, including scenes that may depict, mention, or discuss: abduction, abusive relationship, anxiety, assault, attempted murder, blood, bullying, death, depression, emotional abuse, fire, kidnapping, murder, physical abuse, rape, self-harm, sexual abuse, sexual assault, slut shaming, stalking, starvation, suicide, violence.


My Review


Book two in this series is darker and oh so very good. Lynn just increases the intensity with this book. Daxon, Mason, and Colton's love for Phoenix aka Red has grown stronger. They would do anything to protect her. Even stand up to their fathers. I thought I could pick a favorite of the three guys this time, but I was wrong.

There are not as much steamy moments in this book, but the storyline is rich in plot. What a plot it is too. I honestly did not see the plot twist coming. Be prepared though for another cliffhanger moment. However, Lynn does promise that there will be no more cliffhangers and the trilogy will end with book three. From the Darkness is like eating a dark chocolate bar...so sinfully delicious!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway