Book Review: Fracture

 

A heart-wrenching WW2 story of forbidden love and torn allegiances.

Franz Keidel is a monstrous SS soldier: loyal, hateful, and devoted to Hitler. With a cold heart, he hunts down his Führer’s enemies, but one fateful mission will fracture his shield of ice.

While hunting for Jews, Franz stumbles across a familiar face: Amos Auman, his childhood friend. Amos is the only source of joy in Franz’s life, but he is also a Jew. Unable to bring himself to kill his friend, Franz vows to protect Amos from his fellow Nazis.

As Franz spends more time with Amos, bringing him food and books, he falls in love with his kind-hearted friend. How could he fall in love with a man, a Jew? How can he continue to hate Jews when a Jew has thawed his icy heart?

And what will Franz do if he has to choose between Amos and his loyalty to Hitler? What choices does he have when he is already beyond redemption?



My Review
First off, I knew going into this book that it was a MM romance read. I only mention this because I say several other readers mention that they were not aware of this. Although, as far as MM romance books go, this one is on the sweeter side. So, if you are looking to try a MM book, you may want to try this book. 

Author, Elyse does a good job of telling Franz and Amos's story. Dealing with the Nazi back in this time was back enough but I can't imagine trying to have a relationship with someone who is supposed to be considered your enemy. 

Additionally, I did find this book to be a quick read. I just wished that I could have found myself connecting emotionally better with Franz and Amos. Therefore, I find myself at times not being focused on what I was reading. Although, this is not the last we see of both men. Which I would read the other books featuring these men. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway