Book Tour: Shadowed Hearts

 

Blurb:

Mignon
A terrible man betrayed me, leaving me unable to feel anything but rage.
Angry. Cynical. Afraid to trust again.
Then, I met him.
Rugged, brooding, and full of mysteries. He makes me want to be reckless. I want to trust him. I want him to share his secrets with me.
But I’m broken. Anger and mistrust are all I know. Will I be willing to open my heart again?
For him?

Foxx
An unfathomable event destroyed me. It left me wallowing in despair. I ran away only for tragedy to strike again.
And it’s all my fault.
I’ve returned home but I’m paralyzed with guilt. Afraid to trust myself.
Then, I met her.
Beautiful, fierce, and full of rage. She drives me crazy and I want her all the same.
But I don’t deserve her. Still, I can’t stay away from her.
So, I keep my secrets in order not to lose her. But the secrets threaten to destroy us.
Will I ever forgive myself for what I’ve done? Will I be worthy again?
For her?

WARNING: This book contains mature content, which may be disturbing to some of you. Read at your own risk. It is suitable only for ages 18+.
*While the romance is a stand-alone, the plot is a continuation of events that began in NAKED HEARTS (Broken Hearts Series, #1). It is strongly recommended that you have read Naked Hearts prior to reading this.


My Review

I have not read the first book in this series, but this book is and can be read as a stand-alone novel. Although, after finishing this book I do want to go back and check out the first book in this series. Broken characters do make great storylines. What I mean by this, is that they are not perfect, but they have scars, whether this be emotional or physical scars. It brings the characters to a more personal and relatable level. In this case, Mignon and Foxx. Both of these two have emotional walls built up but the more time they spent in each other's company, they slowly let the walls come crumbling down. Boy of boy when they do, this is when things really heat up. Foxx definitely had his prey in his sights and that is Mignon. This country boy did find his match with a city girl.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway