Book Tour: The Cradle

 


Blurb 

A shaky peace reigns on the vast continent of Atonkaris, with conspiracies and riots brewing everywhere. A simple fisherman finds the corpse of a stranger and unknown artefacts. For the sake of his family, he decides to take on a difficult and unusual business. Yves Maurirta is the prince of the Cradle. He is bound by a deadly promise. Will he be able to abandon the fatal and dangerous Journey, from which no one has yet returned? He has no name. There is only a nickname - the Gift. He is so young, but already a member of a brutal gang, and they go to kill. What will he become? What will be his fate? The Cradle is the first book in a new series - The Eagre. The Cradle is an epic fantasy set in a vast new world with ancient belief systems, dark magic, and undiscovered lands. The series is ideal for fans of George R.R. Martin, Joe Abercrombie, Steven Erikson, or Brandon Sanderson.


My Review


I was drawn to this book by the book cover and the premise of the book. Therefore, I could not wait to read it. In the beginning, I was sucked into the story but my excited did wane a bit. This is because like a lot of other readers have commented; this book is more world building focused. There are many different characters that do come at you in the beginning. Yet, the author did a good job of making sure each character had their own voice. For this I really liked as it did allow me to keep them all straight. Although, I have not fully embraced the characters and therefore, I did struggle a bit to keep my attention focused on this book. Despite these factors, I did like this book and found that the latter half did capture my attention better. I would read the next book in this series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway