Book Review: Twisted Dares & Deceitful Truths

 


Born in blood and raised in sin.


I’m the daughter to the most prolific serial killer in the United States.

Madness flows through my veins like a drug, pulling me deeper into the abyss that I can’t escape from.

I feel the mania slowly burning through my veins.

How much longer until it consumes me completely?

It’s when I meet Caelian Morelli that everything changes.

A man whose darkness matches mine.

He lives for death. An assassin. A murderer.

Son of the Morelli mafia, he’s both possessive and vicious in the way he watches me.

There’s something about his devilish nature that draws me in.

He’s the match to my flame.

I tell myself we are an impossibility.

But it doesn’t stop me from walking straight into the fire.

Though, when my past becomes my present, my life hangs in the balance.

I’ve always wanted to be the hunter, though in the end, will I become the hunted?


My Review

This book is my first introduction to author, A.R. Breck. Instantly, I was invested in this book and the characters. Raven maybe sixteen but she acts so much more mature for her age. That is what I really enjoyed about this book is that it did not come off as a young adult (YA) book. Not that I have anything against YA books, but I just feel like I have outgrown them due to the characters having a "childish" attitude. 

Caelian is just who Raven needed in her life. Together these two were kind of like Bonnie and Clyde. Both Caelian and Raven are tortured souls who feed off each other but in a good way. Caelian is helping Raven to keep her inner demons under control. 

The momentum of this story starts out strong and keeps staying that way; all through the storyline. It never lets up. In fact, it picks up even more towards the last third of the story with the end going into that cliffhanger. I can't wait to continue this series to see how it progresses. 



Kidnapped. Broken. Hopeless.

Confined into a dark, abandoned basement with nothing but the clothes on my back.

There's no escaping obsession, especially one honed by a serial killer who's bound and determined to call me his.

Forever.

Every day grows more dire with death circulating my existence.

I believe all hope is lost until I'm saved by my own monster, the man who enslaves my soul.

His darkness is even more dangerous than my abductor's, his obsession even more deadly.

But my life is still at risk, and I find myself barely able to hold on to my sanity as danger once again looms in the distance, the walls closing in on me at every turn.

The mania I've attempted to keep hidden after all these years is cracking, shards of insanity splitting from my chest and falling to dust at my feet.

I have no choice but to stalk through the madness and hope I make it out alive.


My Review


This book picks up right from the first one, Twisted Dares. These books are not meant to be read as standalone novels. Yet, the good news is that you will fall in love with Caelian and Raven that you will have no problems reading these books. In fact, I am hooked these books are so good. These books are like potato chips, you can't stop reading!

I love that this book was giving me more of a Mafia vibe. I got to know more about Caelian's family. They are not people that I would want to piss off. Not that Raven is a saint. Together these two are like combustible flames. The more I get to know of Caelian the more I fall for him. I guess you could say that I am into psychotic maniacs. The third book can't come fast enough with another cliffhanger that A.R. Breck has left me with in this book. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway