I'm Still Here




A modern take on Sleeping Beauty, for fans of Jojo Moyes.

Elsa is spending her thirtieth birthday in the hospital bed where she's lain for months after a devastating mountain accident. Unable to speak, see, or move, she appears to be in an irreversible coma, but her friends and family don't know that she's regained the power of hearing.

That day, a stranger named Thibault enters the hospital to visit his brother, who's just been injured in an accident that killed two young girls. He instead seeks refuge in the room where Elsa lies, and quickly becomes intrigued by the young woman, returning day after day to sit beside her, convinced that his words are being heard.

As their connection grows, the doctors deliver a devastating blow to her family. Is it possible that Thibault knows something no one else does, and can he reach her before it's too late?


My Review

This is my first introduction to author, Clelie Avit. What a heartfelt story. I was cheering for Elsa and Thibault the whole time. I love that the main focus was really on just Elsa and Thibault. They both had a story to tell if you just listened. Yes, Elsa did have a story and her story was that she is a fighter; Thibault knew this and this is why he felt such a strong connection towards Elsa. Although, it was really Thibault that needed saving. Elsa was his savior. As I was reading this book, I kind of felt like I was using my sense of hearing even more. This book was well written and translated just as well with no problems. What I mean by this is that it did not read stiffly or choppy. I look forward to reading more books by this author. I'm Still Here is like reading a Nicholas Sparks novel. This is a very good thing. You will fall for the story and the characters will stay with you even after you finish this book.

Comments

Mystica said…
Sounds intriguing!

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations