A Reason to Stay




As the host of her own television news show, Faith Marin works to expose the truth for her viewers. But in her personal life, she's anchored her world with firm boundaries in order to hide a family history she'd like to forget. Her pro bass fisherman husband Geary's life is an open book, and unfortunately his busybody family doesn't know the meaning of boundaries. Deception and crippling differences soon derail their tender relationship, leading Faith to believe her only option is to end the marriage. But while divorce papers sit on her desk waiting to be signed, tragedy strikes and her heartrending decision is interrupted. With her life in the balance, Faith finds that the one she has been shutting out may be the very one she cannot bear to lose.

Kellie Coates Gilbert takes readers on an emotional roller coaster as she weaves themes of unexpected trial, self-discovery, and forgiveness in this profoundly honest portrait of the tensions that can break a marriage--and the ultimate healing power of love.


Review by Blanche Mancuso

This book leads you on a memorable trip through the life of a young newly-wed woman with a hidden past who is trying to carve out a career in the television industry while holding her marriage together.

You will laugh and cry with her as she tries to reach the top of her career regardless of what happens to her friends and family.

The author truly takes you on an emotionally packed ride which I have to admit, was a bit much for me. This is because I was really into the story and the character, so I was not prepared for one of the events that took place in the story. In fact, I really like cozy mystery stories because when an event like what happened in this book takes place, there is really no mention of blood or gore. So for me the danger and suspense levels of the story line in this book was one that I did not care for. Again, this is just me. Other readers may not have any issues with the danger and suspense and will find this book an enjoyable read. Which some parts of the book I did like. I am glad that I read something outside of my comfort zone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway