Abandon


On Christmas Day in 1893, every man, woman, and child in a remote gold mining town disappeared, belongings forsaken, meals left to freeze in vacant cabins - and not a single bone was ever found. One hundred thirteen years later, two backcountry guides are hired by a history professor and his journalist daughter to lead them into the abandoned mining town, so they can learn what happened. With them is a psychic and a paranormal photographer, as the town is rumored to be haunted. A party that tried to explore the town years ago was never heard from again. What this crew is about to discover is that twenty miles from civilization, with a blizzard bearing down, they are not alone, and the past is very much alive.

My Review

After having read the third and final book in the Pines trilogy by Mr. Crouch I wanted to go back and check out some of his other work. The concept for this book really intrigued me.

This book did start out that way. I was intrigued by the disappearance of all of the townfolk. Yet, as I kept reading I found that that my excitement for this book went downhill. Not quickly but slowly until the point that I was about twenty chapters in and I was ready to be done with this book. I actually did skip ahead until the last four chapters of the book. I wanted to see how it ended. What I read in the last four chapters was not exciting enough to make me go back and read the rest of the book. Not Mr. Crouch's best work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations