What is a Soulmate?



Most people search for decades to find their soulmate; Rachel Masterson was born with hers. Sharing her body with another soul has had its ups and downs for 15 year old Rachel, but there’s no one she’d rather share her life with than her soulmate, Rider. Fiercely devoted to him, Rachel has ostracized herself from most of her peers and gained a reputation as someone just a little too far gone on the wrong side of crazy. Her family’s sudden move, however, gives her a chance at a fresh new life, without the stigma of her “imaginary friend.” Hit with the triple-whammy stress of trying to make new friends (and her first boyfriend) in a new school, in a new town, far away from the only other person who has ever understood her, Rachel’s relationship with Rider is strained by the choices that she makes, choices that ultimately lead to their separation. When a tragic accident tears them apart, can Rachel learn to live and love again?



My Review

This is a sweet, charming, quick read. When Rachel first met Rider that was so precious. Right away I could feel the connection that they shared. Than as Rachel and Rider grew up into teenages, I could see the connection between them slowly coming apart. Yet, at this point I still only saw Rider as a best friend and not a true soulmate in the romantic sense. However, as I got to know the guy that Rachel was crushing on in school, I definitely say that Rider is the better guy. When the sad, tragic event happened I did not experience a change in my emotions towards either Rachel or Rider. There was no big surprise on what happened next. I was just surprised that it took the character that long to figure out what had happened. The ending is a nice lead into the next book in this series. Which I read the quick snippet of the next book and this is where the story will pick up more with depth to the storyline. This book can also be read by the teenage audience but mature readers as it does deal with high school and sex.

Purchase a copy here

About Kellie McAllen

14019176
Hi! I'm Kellie and I'm a bibliophile! I've had a lifelong love affair with books. I love the fantasy and romance of immersing myself in a great story, so it was inevitable that I take the next step and become a writer. When I'm not reading or writing, I also love baking, interior decorating, and watching dancing shows on TV. I live in North Carolina with my wonderful hubby, 15 year old daughter, and two sweet kitties.
 
Kellie McAllen
Author of The Soulmate Series

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations