Sweet Valley Confidential: Ten Years Later

Jessica and Todd have broken the sister rule. Do not steal your sister’s old boyfriend. This is exactly what Jessica has done. Only this time it is more serious. Jessica and Todd say they love each other and they are planning on making it permanent by getting married.

Once learning the news about Jessica and Todd, Elizabeth runs away to New York to start a new life. Only Elizabeth can not stop thinking about the past.

I can remember growing up reading the Sweet Valley series and all the trouble and romances that Elizabeth and Jessica got into. All of the series were addicting. It has been a long time since I have read or thought about Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield.
When I first heard about this book, I was intrigued but then I read mixed reviews about it and was unsure if I wanted to read this book. After reading the new six book mini ebook series about Jessica and Elizabeth that sort of picked up after this book, I decided to go ahead and read this book.

This book was just ok. It lacked the same sparkle that I enjoyed from the earlier books. It read kind of stiff and there was too much repetition for me. I actually was surprised and found myself disliking Elizabeth in this book. While she had every reason for being extremely mad at Jessica and Todd, I felt the revenge thing was more Jessica’s style. Also, Elizabeth did not really love Todd anymore.

As the true events unfolded into Jessica and Todd’s hook up, I came to see how it happened and believed that they really did love each other.

In addition, I felt that some of the returning old characters were just for us fans and they have nor real value to the story. On one hand, I liked revisiting with the Wakefield twins but on the other hand I was disappointed in this book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway