Overall, a nice twist on the back story behind one of the famed characters from Stoker.

The last thing Lucy Weston remembers is attending the opera with her sister. Then Lucy awakes to find herself cold and hungry. Only her hunger is not for food but for blood. Lucy wonders what has happened to her. She comes upon a house. The house has a library. Lucy picks up a book titled Dracula by Bram Stoker. Lucy proceeds to read the book and discovers that Stoker has written about her. Only Stoker has portrayed Lucy as someone she is not. Lucy goes on the hunt for Stoker to set the facts right.



When I read the book summary for this book and saw the book cover I was really excited to read this book. Some because of the vampire aspect. Never really got into the whole Bram Stoker craze. What drew me into the book cover is the whole steam punk aspect. I have recently discovered this genre and am enjoying reading books from this era.

So this book was slow to get going. I did have a time or two when I wanted to put this book down and give up but I stuck with it. It did get better and more entertaining as the story progressed, however, I still was a little let down by the book. The battle scene was good but the romance was lacking. So as you can see I had a bit of a tug of war with this book myself. Overall, a nice twist on the back story behind one of the famed characters from Stoker.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway