Book Review: Flock

 


Description

Can you keep a secret?

I grew up sick.⁣ Let me clarify: I grew up believing that real love stories include a martyr or demand great sacrifice to be worthy.⁣ Because of that, I believed it, because I made myself believe it, and I bred the most masochistic of romantic hearts, which resulted in my illness.⁣ When I lived this story, my own twisted fairy tale, it was unbeknownst to me at the time because I was young and naïve. I gave into temptation and fed the beating beast, which grew thirstier with every slash, every strike, every blow.⁣

Triple Falls wasn’t at all what it seemed, nor were the men that swept me under their wing. But in order to keep them, I had to be in on their secrets.⁣ Secrets that cost us everything to keep.⁣ That’s the novelty of fiction versus reality. You can’t re-live your own love story, because by the time you’ve realized you’re living it, it’s over. At least that was the case for me and the men I trusted my foolish heart to.⁣ Looking back, I’m convinced I willed my story into existence, due to my illness, and all were punished.

The Ravenhood trilogy is a gritty, modern-day take on Robin Hood filled with suspense, thrills, and all the feels.

My Review

Ok, so I went into this book blind. I did not expect the MMF storyline.  It came out of left field but I will admit that I did not mind it. In fact, I could not get enough and need to get books two and three to see how this story continues and ends. Plus, I need to see how the twist of Robin Hood plays out as I admit that I could not see any slight connection towards Robin Hood. 

The dynamics between Cecelia, Sean and Dominic is hot....very hot. Although, I have to admit that I am more Team Sean then Dominic. Part of this reason is because Dominic was not as prominent in the story and two I was a bit turned off by his "coldish" personality. 

I listened to the audio version of this book. The narrators are great. They really had clear voices and ones that I wanted to listen to. In fact, I want to do the audio versions of books two and three. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations