MINOR DRAMAS & OTHER CATASTROPHES

About MINOR DRAMAS & OTHER CATASTROPHES

High school teacher Isobel Johnson has always avoided the high-powered families of privileged Minneapolis suburb, Liston Heights. But when she receives a threatening voicemail accusing her of Anti-Americanism and a "blatant liberal agenda," she realizes she's squarely in the fray. Rather than cowering, Isobel doubles down on her social-justice ideals, teaching queer theory in AP American Lit.

 

Meanwhile, helicopter mom Julia Abbot is obsessed with the casting of Liston Heights High’s winter musical, sneaking onto the campus and inadvertently shoving the female lead. Caught on camera, the incident goes viral, inciting far-reaching consequences for Julia and her entire family. 


Isobel can't stand parents like Julia, and Julia resents teachers like Isobel.

 

But, Isobel and Julia will find common ground where they least expect it, confronting a secret Facebook gossip site and a pack of rabid parents in a suburb where appearance is everything.


My Review

I tried, really I tried to like this book but I just couldn't. In the beginning I was fine with all of the adults and their issues but after a while, it grew old. In fact; the issues kind of became petty and the adults whiny.

I might have been able to handle is to a point if I had liked most of the characters but there was not one that I particularly liked. It is sad when the children are more mature than the adults. I get that this was part of the factor for this book. Sadly, I could not finish this book. In the future, I may give this author another try. Too many drams and catastrophes for me.


Kathleen West is a veteran middle and high-school teacher. She graduated with a degree in English from Macalester College and holds a Master's degree in literacy education from the University of Minnesota. She lives in Minneapolis with her hilarious husband, two sporty sons, and very bad goldendoodle. For more information, please visit: https://www.kathleenwestbooks.com/ | Instagram: @kathleenwestwrites | Facebook: @KathleenWestAuthor | Twitter: @kwestbooks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway