Would Like to Meet

Can you fall in love like they do in the movies?

It's Evie Summers's job to find out. Because if she can't convince her film agency's biggest client, Ezra Chester, to write the romantic-comedy screenplay he owes producers, her career will be over. The catch? He thinks rom-coms are unrealistic--and he'll only put pen to paper if Evie shows him that it's possible to meet a man in real life the way it happens on the big screen.

Cynical Evie might not believe in happily ever after, but she'll do what it takes to save the job that's been her lifeline . . . even if it means reenacting iconic rom-com scenes in public. Spilling orange juice on a cute stranger? No problem. Leaving her number in books all over London to see who calls? Done. With a little help from her well-meaning friends--and Ben and Anette, the adorable father-daughter duo who keep witnessing her humiliations--Evie is determined to prove she can meet a man the way Sally met Harry. But can a workaholic who's given up on love find a meet-cute of her very own?

My Review


Who doesn't love a good rom-com. I know when I want to take a break from my mysteries that I will reach for a good rom-com. Reading this book instantly made me think of the movie, Isn't It Romantic with Liam Hemsworth and Rebel Wilson. Only in this book, the meet-cute or NOB (Number One Boyfriend) is Ben and he has a daughter named, Anette.

Which by the way, children in books do melt my heart. Anette is no exception. She is such a cutie pie. I don't know how Ben kept his composure so well when confronted with Evie's stories about her "meet-cutes". They were funny but disastrous as well. I knew that there would be a happy ever after for Evie and Ben. It was just a matter of time for them to figure it out for themselves. Well with some intervention from Anette and Evie's friends.

This is a fun book. It has its humorous moments that made me laugh. Yet, I did want to feel more connected towards all of the characters in this book. Ben and Anette I loved right away. Evie was good. In the beginning I felt sympathetic to her situation but I was not an instant fan of her's. I had to warm up to her first. Ezra felt more like someone that was thrown into the story at the last moment to give it more structure but he was not a major player in the story. In fact, I was glad he did not make too many appearances.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway