Artemis

Jazz Bashara is a criminal.

Well, sort of. Life on Artemis, the first and only city on the moon, is tough if you're not a rich tourist or an eccentric billionaire. So smuggling in the occasional harmless bit of contraband barely counts, right? Not when you've got debts to pay and your job as a porter barely covers the rent.

Everything changes when Jazz sees the chance to commit the perfect crime, with a reward too lucrative to turn down. But pulling off the impossible is just the start of her problems, as she learns that she's stepped square into a conspiracy for control of Artemis itself—and that now, her only chance at survival lies in a gambit even riskier than the first.
  

My Review

I never read this author's other famous novel, The Martian that spawned the movie starring Matt Damon. Yet, I did see the movie and enjoyed it a lot. I do plan to read the novel. If it is anything like this book, I am in for a real treat. This book is "out of this world". I could see this book also being turned into a movie. Although, I am now sure if it would be as good as the one that was playing in my head, the whole time I was reading this book.

Jazz is my hero. She is a kick ass chick. Plus, she has street smarts, which you need to survive on the Moon. Well, at least in the ghetto area. While, Jazz was hinted at having had a couple relationships, I am glad they were more just mentions and not really played out in the story. This story to me was better by not having any type of relationship. Well there was one relationship that Jazz had but it was more of a friendship. She had a pen pal on Earth. His name is Kelvin. I enjoyed their letters back and forth. I hope that one day Kelvin does visit Jazz.

As I was reading this book, it was like I was transported to the Moon and was in Jazz's shoes experiencing everything that she did in "real" time. Artemis is the book of the century! You do not want to be the last one that does not experience this book. Mr. Weir breathes life into the story and characters.



Check out my Instagram post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations