Girl Last Seen

Two missing girls. Thirteen years apart.
Olivia Shaw has been missing since last Tuesday. She was last seen outside the entrance of her elementary school in Hunts Point wearing a white spring jacket, blue jeans, and pink boots.

I force myself to look at the face in the photo, into her slightly smudged features, and I can't bring myself to move. Olivia Shaw could be my mirror image, rewound to thirteen years ago.

If you have any knowledge of Olivia Shaw's whereabouts or any relevant information, please contact...

I've spent a long time peering into the faces of girls on missing posters, wondering which one replaced me in that basement. But they were never quite the right age, the right look, the right circumstances. Until Olivia Shaw, missing for one week tomorrow.

Whoever stole me was never found. But since I was taken, there hasn't been another girl.

And now there is.


My Review

This book started out great. I was feeling it for the first third of the way. Than, the story and my excitement weaned. Despite the twist early in the story, there really was not a lot of movement in the storyline with anymore big intense movements like the first one. In fact, I jumped ahead to get the story moving again. Which, at the point that the story did, I found myself more just going through the motions.

Lainey was fine but she was not strong enough to help hold the story; despite her being the one that got away. Sean on the other hand was good. He was the cop that found Lainey years ago. I liked his motivation and his tough but kind exterior. This book really had the makings for a great thriller but it missed a few ingredients.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations