Text, Don't Call

An illustrated guide to the challenges and pleasures of the introverted life
Introversion is "in." But there are still many misconceptions about introverts in the world. They're shy. Anti-social. They don't want to have close relationships. They're all cat people. They don't like big parties (okay, that last one might be true).


INFJoe, the cartoon persona of artist and introvert Aaron Caycedo-Kimura, is here to set the record straight. Filled with charming comic book style illustrations, this book provides invaluable insights into the introverted life with plenty of humor and wit. Full of moments that will make introverts say, "That's so me!" as well as helpful tips on surviving at parties and in the workplace, Text, Don't Call is the perfect gift for your quiet friends, or the extroverted ones who could use some help to better understand the introverts in their lives.
  

My Review

My personality type is ISTJ (Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, and Judging). I have always known I am introverted but ok with it. Thus, the reason I tend to only have a small group of very close friends. Also, being an introvert is another reason that I have always found solace in books. They have taken me to many places and allowed me to meet tons of characters. Due to the other traits I possess; thus another reason why I could relate to conversations being awkward as I do tend to thinking and process data in my head before I react or speak.

This book really does help explain an introvert. Many like us can relate to lots of things in this book. Also, it gives those "extroverts" an inside look into an "introvert". Which when they say opposites attract, it is not really the case with these two types. Well maybe not so easy. I have some friends that are extroverts but it took me a while to warm up to them and their big personalities. I do open up more and can find myself being a bit of an extrovert around them but when we get together out in public, I tend to revert back into myself. There was an illusion that I could really relate to that had my husband agreeing. It was the "Introvert Illusion". It goes like this: Sometimes we want to be left alone. Sometimes we want to be included. Most of the time we want to be included with the option to be left alone. Anyone who is an introvert will enjoy this book.

Here is a link to a personality test to see what letters you are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations