Edgar and The Tree House of Usher


"It was a dull, dark, and soundless day in the autumn of the year ... " when the mischievous raven Edgar heads to his friend Roderick's house to work on their tree house. Edgar dashes his sister Lenore's hopes with the ever-popular phrase "sisters are not allowed," until a storm starts to brew and the two boys realize that sometimes the best things happen when you decide to stick together. The third picture book in the popular Edgar series is sure to warm the hearts of kids and parents alike.
JENNIFER ADAMS is the author of more than two dozen books, including titles in the Baby lit series, which introduces children to the world of classic literature. She lives in Salt Lake City. Visit her website at jennifer-adams.com.

RON STUCKI is a graphic designer and illustrator of Edgar Gets Ready for Bed and Edgar and the TattleTale Heart. Ron lives in Utah and Idaho. Visit him at www.rstuckidesign.com





My Review

I have always been a fan of Mr. Poe's. I kind of remember the Fall of the House of Usher's but not as much as I can recall the Tell Tale Heart and the Raven, two of my favorite stories by Mr. Poe. I was inspired to go back and watch the original movie and this book is similar to the original. 

This is a fun book to read. It is one that I would read again and again. I love Edgar, his friend Roderick, and his little sister, Lenore. This book is a cute, fun take on a classic story. Although I can't believe I am using the words "cute and fun" to describe a Poe story. For young readers this is a book that they will enjoy.

Purchase a copy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway