Alive

Stella Cross's heart is poisoned.

After years on the transplant waiting list, she's running out of hope that she'll ever see her eighteenth birthday. Then, miraculously, Stella receives the transplant she needs to survive.

Determined to embrace everything she came so close to losing, Stella throws herself into her new life. But her recovery is marred by strange side effects: Nightmares. Hallucinations. A recurring pain that flares every day at the exact same moment. Then Stella meets Levi Zin, the new boy on everyone's radar at her Seattle prep school. Stella has never felt more drawn to anyone in her life, and soon she and Levi are inseparable.

Stella is convinced that Levi is her soul mate. Why else would she literally ache for him when they are apart?

After all, the heart never lies...does it?


My Review

I thought this was a good book. I was expecting for it to be darker than it turned out to be. I did not really find what was happening to Stella to be that scary. The moments were quick flashes without real explanation behind the images that things happening to Stella. I did want some more detail.

Then there is the romance between Stella and Henry. It was sweet but I did not find it added anything to the story as a whole. I thought that it was nice that Stella had Henry by her side as a friend, which if they had stayed this way would have been fine with me.  
 
I found that the whole story really came together in the last eleven chapters of the book. This is where the action and the intensity built up and got exciting. Also this is where my details of everything that was happening to Stella was explained.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations