Skipping a Beat is worth both your money and time. This book will have you skipping all the way to the bookstore.





Julia Dunhill was planning one of her many fund raisers when her life as she knew it was about to get turned upside down very quickly. Julia’s husband, Michael collapses while at work. Michael stood up to speak and his heart just stopped. In fact Michael was officially dead for four minutes and eight seconds.

Lucky for Michael and a little invention called a portable defibrillator. As wikipedia encyclopedia explains, a portable defibrillator is a machine that can help someone who has gone into cardiac arrest through the use of electrical therapy, which just starts the heart into a regular heart beat rhythm.

Now that Michael as a second chance, he has a new perspective at life and his marriage. Julia can’t tolerate the upheaval; Michael is bring into their lives. What is a wife to do?

Skipping a Beat is the first book I have read from author, Sarah Pekkanen and what she has to offer. After reading this book, I plan to go back and read The Opposite of Me. Right from the beginning, I was hooked. I blocked everything else around me out and got comfortable. I liked Michael. I thought he was a sweet heart. Michael had a great attitude about his second change at life. Julia on the other hand, I wanted to shake her really hard and yell at her…”What is wrong with you?” This is not technically a bad thing as this meant that I was invested in the characters. Skipping a Beat is worth both your money and time. This book will have you skipping all the way to the bookstore.

Disclaimer: I did receive a copy of this book to review as part of a contest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations